Here’s a consecutive recipe post but I’ve been bored at home. My relatives from UK gave us a tin of orange cookies and they were really good (!!) so I tried baking them myself x) They turned out different of course, but rather yummy anyway!
Here’s my modified recipe from Glorious Treats
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 190g butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp orange juice (add more for a stronger flavour, mine were a really subtle orange)
- 1 tbsp orange zest (click here to find out how to make orange zest :))
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Cream butter and sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in egg, vanilla essence, orange juice, orange zest and poppy seeds.
- Sift half of the flour and baking powder in and fold in, then repeat with the other half.
- Knead dough and form a ball.
- Wrap in cling wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Lightly flour a cutting board and roll out dough. Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
These cookies are softer than normal biscuits – slightly crispier on the rim and softer in the middle. Yummy nonetheless! 🙂